The YUI team released YUI 3.X for a sneak peek preview. The goals make me happy… especially goal 2.
- lighter (less K-weight on the wire and on the page for most uses)
- faster (fewer http requests, less code to write and compile, more efficient code)
- more consistent (common naming, event signatures, and widget APIs throughout the library)
- more powerful (do more with less implementation code)
- more securable (safer and easier to expose to multiple developers working in the same environment; easier to run under systems like Caja or ADsafe)